British Columbia: COVID-19 Protocols
Please see the following link for information on provincial and regional covid-19 restrictions. These are applicable to all in-door locations and other hospitality locations: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/info/restrictions
Specific Information on Masking Protocols
Masks are required in all public indoor settings for all people born in 2016 or earlier (5+). This includes:
• Malls, shopping centres
• Grocery and liquor stores
• Coffee shops
• On public transportation, in a taxi or ride-sharing vehicle
• Clothing and retail stores
• Areas of office buildings where services to the public are provided
• Common areas of sport and fitness centres when not engaged in physical activity
• Drug stores
• Restaurants, pubs and bars when not seated at a table
There are exemptions for:
• People with health conditions or with physical, cognitive or mental impairments who cannot wear one
• People who cannot remove a mask on their own
• Children under the age of 5
• People who need to remove their masks to communicate due to another person’s hearing impairment
*A face shield is not a substitute for a mask as it has an opening below the mouth.
Note: The order will be reassessed when proof of vaccination and the BC Vaccine Card are fully implemented.
During the conference, delegates can take advantage of an excellent conference rate at one of North America’s most prestigious hotels, The Fairmont Empress, where Maritime Security Challenges 2020 will be held.
We are pleased to announce that the next in-person MSC meeting will take place on: 22-24 March 2022 in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada. More information on registering for this meeting will be available in the future.
The opportunity to show your brand to naval officers, academics, political representatives, scientists and students from around the world. Increase your company’s visibility or introduce your new products to this unique group.