Speakers, topics, and themes of discussion for
Maritime Security Challenges 2018.
Registration rates and other information for MSC18. Registration will open in early 2018.
All about the Maritime Security Challenges series, including information and video from past conferences.
Information on how you can be a part of MSC18.
Information about our host city, as well as details on travel and accommodation for MSC18.
MSC18 Update: Mark your Calendars!
MSC18 will take place from October 15-18th, 2018, in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada. Please mark your calendars now and check this site periodically for updates.
MSC16 in Review:
Maritime Security Challenges 2016: Pacific Seapower, was proudly hosted by the Navy League of Canada, in association with the Royal Canadian Navy, and the Daniel K. Inouye Asia-Pacific Center for Security Studies, a US Department of Defense organization.
The 7th iteration of MSC involved over 180 delegates from 25 nations, including 11 senior serving flag officers, as well as ambassadors, senators, and leading figures in the defence and security sectors.
The MSC conference series is a pre-eminent maritime security conference in the region, and has gained a wide reputation for the quality of its proceedings and networking opportunities. Thank you for joining us in Victoria for MSC16 from 03-06 October, 2016!
A full three and a half days including presentations and discussion on “The Strategic Nexus of Pacific Seapower”.
Issues discussed during panels and presentations at MSC16:
- Challenges in the Regional Maritime Environment
- The Creation of Comprehensive Maritime Strategies
- Renewing Maritime Capabilities: Politics, People, Platforms and Systems
- Opportunities for Maritime Security Cooperation
- The Game-Changers: Technological Advancements in the Maritime Domain
Presentations provided critical perspectives on current regional issues:
- Where the Land Meets the Sea – A Strategic Overview of the Indo-Pacific
- Pulling Back the Curtain on the North Korean Navy
- Maritime Militia, the Unofficial Maritime Agency
Plus: A Special Debate on the Future of Arctic Shipping
MSC16 concluded with a Special Forum on the Future of Pacific Seapower.